A JOB(s) well done...

 #RIP STEVE JOBS



Applying toner to my face this morning, I strangely had the tv on (weird for me),but clearly it had to be on. And there I heard the news, "Steve Jobs gone at 56." I thought nothing of it, I was like maybe they were talking about the Apple Iphone 4S. So as I felt a strangely uncomfortable and sad as I approached the tv to investigate further, the sad news was confirmed...





I am SO sad about this. What a loss! Like a serious loss. I feel it in my heart. The world has lost a serious genius, but we have gained so much with the magic he created. He's right up there with greats where he belongs, though he's probably started a new list that they never new they needed!

So much learnt from him, so much to learn. Here are a few insights, just to remind us, just how much we should LIVE before we die. We don't know how much time we have left.

"Remembering I'll be dead soon is one of the most important tools I've encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." Steve Jobs
I don't know if I'm going to die tomorrow, but on my way to the grave, this is so important to remember. Let's not wait till we have confirmation that death is coming much sooner than we thought. Thank you Steve Jobs. Was there ever a more apt name. Job(s) well done, Steve.



"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already now what you truly want to become." - Steve Jobs

And as this has suddenly  made me reflect a lot on my life, I cannot part without the MOST insightful words I think I've heard in my adult life.

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish." - Steve Jobs

Comments

Popular Posts