is it wasted?



Well today is Youth Day in SA. A day to commemorate the youth of '76, some of whom lay down their lives, so we could live some pretty incredible ones and get an education.

How would they feel of their efforts and us, those who came after them right now. So I started my day at a school on the outskirts of town this morning, as we launched a mentorship programme for some awesome boys and girls. So great to see that they have one or two teachers that care. It makes all the difference as a person, just to know that you matter to at least one person. More so as a young person.

What would you say to your younger self? I for sure would say consistently;

  • I love you
  • It's great, be you. Don't be like the rest of them darling!
  • That is amazing! I got you!
  • Go on you little adventurer, in your heart you know where you're going
  • LOVE
Give your young and current selves a hug. We all need an extra tight one sometimes.

Youth is not wasted on the young. I think when the years pass, we forget that we are still young.

Don't stop learning or believing!

xxx

Comments

Popular Posts