Winnie wisdom

 

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
― A.A. Milne
 

Winnie the Pooh is the greatest ever. That little cuddly bear, who's own voice sounds like it tickles even his own tummy, as well as yours. His voice also sounds like a cuddle and his love of honey, well everything about this fantastic little Pooh bear is wonderful.

 I was chatting to a delight of human being who I am lucky enough to know and we were chatting about our love of Winnie the Pooh and he raised something so important, he said one reason he loves Winnie the Pooh so much is because there is no villain in Winnie the Pooh. Well ain't that the beautiful truth!

I was just thinking about saying goodbye this morning and I realised it really is not all that not so nice stuff that makes us sad. Goodbye really is a beautiful thing, especially when we are lucky enough to have people that make it hard to say goodbye. 

 This morning, as I was saying goodbye, I realised that it's really quite freeing and also a wonderful gift to say goodbye too.  It can mean any manner of things. My bestie's, beautiful twins say bye when they don't want something anymore. Hey we understand what that means. Goodbye, can be see you later or perhaps I may not see you again, but that's actually just fine. Right now and before that have been wonderful and it has been a pleasure knowing you or having you pass through.

 Goodbye is also a good self preserver. So often, we feel duty when it comes to others in life. I would not like to be anyone's duty. In that seems to lie some fertile soil for resentment to grow. Who we like, love and spend time with is a choice that we make and are lucky enough to make. Family does not fit too neatly into this notion, but we know we can't choose those folks.

What I've learnt about goodbye and what I realised this morning that I actually like about it, is that in some way it's almost a thank you for sharing your time with me. I treasure that most of all.

 

“Promise you won’t forget me, ever. Not even when I’m a hundred.”
― A.A. Milne

 

Light and loveliness

xx

Comments

Popular Posts