In the market




After over a year of not being in full time employment, I'm heading back to the big, scary (for me) world of corporate! Eeek! I'm strangely looking forward to it though. Tons of trepidation yes, but I'm doing this!

There is a lot of form filling though, that's one thing I can not get used to! Wow! Really?!

Now I like shopping and browsing, but sadly the job market is not that kind of market. This stuff scares me. So big and daunting are these interviewers and potential employers.

What if you also just have to get on with it?

Most importantly though, "What do I want to do?"

Take me many years back to when I got a letter offering me a partial bursary, straight out of high school and it listed what careers I should look into studying towards. On that list was Medicine, Law and I can't remember the rest, but it was a long list.  So many options. Now I like options, but that's like giving my nephew the chose of wearing all his cartoon undies at once. Too much can choice can be far more overwhelming than limited choice.

So here I now stand on the corner of awesome and bomb diggity, deciding where to from here career wise? I have options, but where do I go and what do I choose?!

I liked some of these cv templates.
Maybe I should write a long list of pros and cons. I love lists. And now that I'm going back to being employed, how will I do it differently? What will I do differently?


Yes!Do that!... from Etsy

Comments

Popular Posts