Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday



So I came off my bike today. It was both rather spectacular and not, all at the same time. I wasn't in traffic avoiding a silly driver. Oh no, I was coming home from yoga this morning. Pretty serene right. Coming up the ramp in my garage and I can't really remember what happened between my smiling and then flying across the ramp and a heavy bit of bike still landing on my foot. Man that thing is heavy, who would have thought. Anyway I'm bruised, but in one piece. It feels that way. I picked myself up, leaned over, switched my bike off and then proceeded to lug it down the ramp as I limped next to it, holding back the tears.

I limped into my house and silly me, I still took the stairs, really?! I need to keep fit and not take the lift when injured. Anyway I'm fine, this is totally my own diagnosis by the way.

It's Friday! Yee to the Ha! I need sunshine and a swimming pool preferably, but that ain't gonna happen is it.

Have a gorgeous weekend you beauties.

Do something beautiful for yourself.

Sunshine and hugs

xx

2 comments:

  1. Just to try soothe you a bit, when I started cycling, I used a mountain bike without cleats and did my first 94.7 on knobblies! Then I swaped for a road bike with cleats. I fell so many times trying to use those cleats I had to take voltaren injections! One incident was near fatal with taxi's on Malibongwe Drive wjilst I was trying to get to Krugersdorp highway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is quite an adventure you were on! Yikes! I think I should get a mountain bike, at least pedal power might be a little safer and there is no accelerator you can rev by mistake. You're quite the accomplished cyclist now though... Thank you for your message.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...