M-Series: For My Boyfriend



Well my dearest love does not know that he inspired this series. His immense admiration for this great leader and global icon really made me consider this series for my blog. So I thought it fitting to start with him.

So it begins...

My boyfriend is the consummate athlete (no I'm not showing off, but I am most proud). He is not only an Olympian, but he has a serious fixation with most things sport and fitness related.While being infinitely sexy, it speaks volumes about discipline, competition, sportsmanship, commitment, strength (not just physical, but mental). Frankly, a plethora of other elements intrinsic to being a sportsman.

Firstly I was so happy that I was with him when we heard the new of Madiba's passing. Most auspicious moment, albeit a sad one, but I was so glad to be able to share this epic moment in history with him. It's definitely one of those moments in life where you will be saying one day in the future, "Where were you?''...

Reading about and remembering Madiba has lead me to draw many parallels with this great man and my man who has greatness in him.

Mandela's views on sport however, encapsulate a lot of what I think is so essential to the link I draw between these two men. Also while Mandela was often an absent father due to the struggle, his children were very important to him. As a grandfather however, he was such a super parent to his grandchildren who he took under his care.

Watch this video of the speech Mandela gave at the first Laureas Lifetim Achievement Awards... Sport has the power to change the world. I know a certain special Mister who would agree.


This is so beautiful and just says everything. Captures it all.

What will your contribution be? The race is so long and this life is seemingly some sort of relay.. What baton are you carrying? Will you drop it or will you hand it over...

Be a sport...

Comments

Popular Posts